Saturday, June 23, 2012

Home Made Crafts

I will be showing some things that I have made at home with things around the house, or from DI, or that I got from Garage sales or just given to me on this post.  I saved tons of money by doing these things at home and I am currently working on 4 more projects, rocking chair pad cover, dresser, baby fun ball, okay just 3. I know there will be more later, but enjoy these ones so far:

           Baby bib (from towels):  I had a very old beach towel that I wanted to keep and use for something, so I looked and thought hard about what I could use  the towel for and whalaw a fun bib.  I just made up a pattern and found another old black towel and cut and sewed two towels together and made a bib.

Felt blocks:  I have been wanting to make these for Zoie to play with and build with. I can not remember where I saw them, but I loved them and they looked so easy so I just went and picked up some felt and started to be creative with the alphabet and I think I came up with some pretty cute little blocks.  
       DIY Photo canvas (from wood):  I LOVE these so much.  I spent about 3.00 on both of these (making prints).  I found old wood, cut sanded and painted then modged podge the picture on and Love how it turned out.  So cheap and so cute.
  
Rocking Chair: I was at DI (love to go there) and found this old rustic rocking chair, and I was thinking, "This would be sweet in Zoie's room if I just prepared, repaired and painted it."  So I did and I love it.  I am working on the seat cover as we speak so that will be on here soon.  

      Dresser: I was given this old ugly thing from Rashago's sis and bro in law and I said " Hey Zoie needs a dresser so I am going to paint it white for her room". so I did and I am actually really happy how it turned out. 

Painted pitcher: I had a white pitcher that needed some color, so I just added some spray paint to add a little fun to my kitchen.
Fabric Wall hanging:  I was being one of the million people that look on pinterest and saw this idea so I told myself "that is way easy and cheap, I can do that and put it in Zoie's room for some color"  So I went to the fabric store and picked out about 5 different patterns and 2 stirofoam pieces and cut random size rectangles and squares and wrapped them with different material (just like wrapping a present).  It turned out perfect for Zoie's room. 

   Family Letter: I wanted to get a "K" for our wall and put pictures around it, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money, plus I wanted to make it different from what you would find in the stores.  I wanted it thin enough to hang on a wall, but thick enough to stand out.  So I went to Michael's and saw a black "K" and said perfect. then I went and picked out some paper and cut and modged podged and ended up with this very cute "K". 

Pillow Case Dress:  I had some old material and I thought it would make a cute dress,  so I cut a pattern and started to sew not relizing how hard it actually is to sew armpit curves.  I had to ask my grandma how to do it.  Thank goodness for Grandmas.  It looks so cute on Zoie.   
I know I have some without pictures but I will take and post them soon.    

No comments:

Post a Comment